Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yippee, it's Udupi! Shrewsbury, MA

You know, the good restaurants are just not as fun to cover...but I'll try. :)

I guess I'll start off with my standard "if you're looking for..." comment. So if you're looking for non-vegetarian Indian food - keep on driving. Udupi is a vegetarian joint...and a very good one at that. There are few restaurants that I'm inclined to want to try each menu item but Udupi is one of them.

The first time I went there the waiter suggested I try a spring dosai; which I suggest everyone who tries this place for the first time does. Personally I think most palates will be pleased by this dish and it's a good gateway to more adventurous dishes.

The biggest thing about Udupi is that everything always tastes fresh - and that is a BIG plus in my book.

CONCLUSION: I like it. You will too. Go. Now.

CONS: The atmosphere is pretty boring.

MUSINGS: I think the Indian waiter was flirting with me... Just kidding! Also I read reviews and some people were like: oh, they're not authentic...blah, blah, blah. Personally I don't care about authenticity, I just want good food!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment